Friday, November 02, 2007

Reflections in the Fall

Is there any place better than Michigan in the fall, I ask you? Really, is there?

I hear resounding no's.

The mornings are crisp as your feet crunch the fallen leaves and the frosty crystals clinging to the grasses. The skys are SO blue in the fall! Real Blue. Not the sort of white sky you can some times have here in Michigan because of the summer humidity and the dark clouds of the winter chill. BLUE! This sky against the splashes of colorful tree leaf goodness it's truly gorgeous! It's time for fleece zip-ups to come out, for knitted hats to be donned, for red cheeks to enjoy the bliss of a hot cup of coco after a misty breathed visit to the outdoors. Ahhhh, FALL!! My favorite season!



I'm so glad we gave birth to a little lady who thinks fall is just as fun. We go for a walk every morning still. This morning it was 39 degrees! Celia was still in her jam jams. I zipped her in her snowsuit, slung her in the Moby Wrap and covered her with her favorite blanket from Camille. We were off with Elle running ahead, black tail whipping the leaves as they scurried out from her path. Celia just stares at everything! She can't get over all the stuff to see! Until she just falls asleep. A nice start to a morning, I would say.

Here is fall at our home here in Rockford. Yes, we're still needing to sell the ol' house. Yes, we're still trying to move closer to Steve's place of employement. Yes, we're still always looking for land in the back of our eyes (yep, it's possible... trust me :) ). But it is LOVELY right now. I feel very lucky to be here.






Although it is a year ago this weekend that I visited Steve down in North Carolina and we found out that Celia was 4 weeks old in my belly. In 2 more weeks it will be a year from the time we made the decision that Steve would come home. Leave a dream job. Leave a 60 degree November sunshine state. Leave his brother from another mother Jeff. And he did this to be with me during the pregnancy so he wouldn't miss it. He did this to ease our financial situation we had since I quit my jobs to move and then couldn't get rehired from being pregnant. And we couldn't sell our house.

We still look back and sometimes wonder if we did the right thing. But here we are. And these pictures some how just make me smile dispite all the hardships of the past year. All I need is Steve, my little Celia, and our Elle Girl. That is MY location, location, location.

2 comments:

Daye said...

I too adore the autumn season. The woolly socks, the crisp cold air--I'm glad the heat stopped. By August I am finished with the whole sweaty thing. It was so awesome to meet Celia--I wish I had had more time to chill with you. We must take a meal together SOON
peace,
Daye

Sunny said...

I miss the leaves and the cider! Soak up the color for me! You have to go into the mountains to really get a show here. :( There all you have to do is walk out the door!